Destination Australia Scholarships - International Students
The Destination Australia scheme seeks to attract and support international students looking to study in regional Australia. This scholarship offers students the opportunity to experience high-quality learning in regional Australia.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an international student commencing their first year of study in an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework course in Semester 2 2023.
- Be studying full-time at one of La Trobe University's regional campuses.
- Be residing in or intending to move to a regional area classified as RA2 to RA5, by the Australian Standard Geographical Classification Remoteness Area. (Check the 2016 box next to the "ASGS Remoteness Areas").
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- Ability to meet entry requirements for the course (students enrolling in courses that are aligned with the Australian Government's National Skills Priority List will be prioritised).
- Recipients must meet all the conditions in their Letter of Offer for their course to ensure payment of the scholarship. Conditions of offer can be found in the Letter of Offer sent by admissions.
- Recipients must be studying full-time at a regional campus in a course that is offered in its entirety at the campus. The scholarship is not transferable to other campuses.
- Recipients must enrol in four subjects in a Semester to remain eligible for the scholarship.
- Recipients must reside in a regional area classified as RA2 to RA5, by the Australian Standard Geographical Classification Remoteness Area. (Check the 2016 box next the "ASGS Remoteness Areas"). Recipients must provide evidence of residency if requested.
- Recipients cannot hold any other La Trobe University scholarship.
How to apply
- No separate application is required. Students will automatically be assessed when applying for an eligible course.
- To apply for your course please click here.