Datasets and databases
Browse datasets covering a range of disciplines.
If you would like to request access to a dataset or database that is not listed here or on the Library website, please complete this form.
Databases managed by the Library
AURIN (Australian Urban Research Infrastructure Network) Portal
The AURIN Workbench and its flagship application, the AURIN Portal, delivers access to diverse data from multiple sources, and facilitates data integration and data interrogation using open source eResearch tools.
Use the AURIN Data Guide to browse metadata for all the datasets available in the AURIN Portal.
HuNI (Humanities Networked Infrastructure) Database
HuNI combines data from many Australian cultural websites into the biggest humanities and creative arts database ever assembled in Australia. HuNI data covers all disciplines and brings together information about the people, works, events, organisations and places that make up the country's rich cultural landscape.
What you can do with the HuNI data:
- search and browse
- build your own private or public virtual collections
- view collections built by other HuNI users
- make new links between records and follow existing trails
- export, publish and share your findings.
ANDS (Australian National Data Service) Datasets
To find, access and re-use data for research from over one hundred Australian research organisations, government agencies, and cultural institutions, visit Research Data Australia and browse datasets by subject:
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Business, Economics and Law
- Medical and Health Sciences
- Engineering, Built Environment, Computing and Technology
- Biological Sciences
- Environmental Sciences and Ecology
- Earth Sciences
- Physical, Chemical and Mathematical Sciences
Browse ANDS Themed Collections for datasets on the following research areas: