Optus Undergraduate Cybersecurity Scholarships
per year for full-time duration of the course
Who is it for?
Where is it available?
How is it paid?
La Trobe University and Optus have announced a strategic alliance designed to deliver an integrated, digitally connected campus, a state-of-the-art Sports Precinct of the future; and the creation of market leading Cybersecurity tertiary degrees. These Optus scholarships will be awarded to the best and brightest candidates pursuing studies in these undergraduate degrees:
- Bachelor of Cybersecurity
- Bachelor of Cybersecurity/Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Cybersecurity/Bachelor of Criminology
- Bachelor of Cybersecurity/Bachelor of Commerce
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be an Australian citizen, New Zealand citizen, Australian Permanent Resident or Permanent Humanitarian Visa holder
- be enrolled or intending to enrol in the Bachelor of Cybersecurity, the Bachelor of Cybersecurity/Bachelor of Psychological Science, the Bachelor of Cybersecurity/Bachelor of Criminology or the Bachelor of Cybersecurity/Bachelor of Commerce at La Trobe in Semester 1 or Semester 2, 2020
- achieve an ATAR equal to or greater than 80
- achieve a WAM equal to or greater than 70 (for students who commenced in Semester 1, 2020)
- for non Year 12 applicants, be able to demonstrate sufficient relevant work experience.
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- application form addressing selection criteria
- personal statement outlining personal goals and ambitions and reasons for applying for the scholarship
- academic transcripts for Year 11 and first two terms of Year 12; or academic transcripts with ATAR results (if known)
- evidence of sufficient relevant work experience (non-year 12 applicants)
- interview with selection panel
- approval by Optus
- Recipients will be required to maintain a Weighted Average Mark of 65 or higher for the duration of the scholarship
- Recipients may be required to attend joint promotional events or participate in promotional activities in keeping with the spirit of the scholarship as reasonably required by the donors and La Trobe University.
- Recipients are required to provide a brief annual report as to their activities and progress in the chosen field of study.
How to apply
Please complete the online application form.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org