Movement Variability Research Scholarship
$28,092 per annum, for three and a half years plus an additional $5,000 per annum top up for three years. Fee relief additional.
Who is it for?
Future graduate researchers, Future PhD candidates, Graduate researchers
Where is it available?
How is it paid?
This scholarship, in partnership with the Defence Science and Technology Group, will be awarded to an outstanding applicant who is interested in exploring the relationship between gait variability and injury risk in Army recruits.
As an applicant you should have an interest in biomechanics, variability and gait. Your project will explore the effect of different task and environmental constraints on gait variability during load carriage and the longitudinal gait adaptations to load carriage.
Benefits of the scholarship include:
- a La Trobe Research Scholarship for three and a half years, with a value of $28,092.00 per annum, to support your living costs (2020 rate)
- an additional top-up scholarship of $5,000 per annum for three years
- a fee-relief scholarship for up to four years to undertake a PhD at La Trobe University
- relocation allowance and publication/thesis allowance
- opportunities to work alongside researchers at the Defence Science and Technology Group
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- meet the entrance requirements for the proposed course
- not be receiving another scholarship greater than 75 per cent of the stipend rate for the same purpose
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian Permanent Resident.
- will be enrolled full-time and undertaking their research at a La Trobe University campus
- have completed a Masters by Research or other significant body of research, such as an honours research thesis or lead authorship of a peer-reviewed publication, assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above
How to apply
- review details on how to apply for candidature
- submit an enquiry to Dr Kane Middleton (email@example.com) indicating that you wish to be considered for this scholarship. Include a one-page cover letter and a detailed CV
- when you have received in-principle agreement for supervision, complete and submit your application by 31 October 2020 for admission into La Trobe’s PhD program, indicating you wish to be considered for this scholarship on the application.
Who to contact for further information
Dr Kane Middleton, firstname.lastname@example.org