Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Nursing Scholarships Program
up to $10000
Recipients will not be eligible to receive any other fully funded scholarship from the Commonwealth, State or Territory government body. Recipients who have previously received an MCH Nursing Scholarship from the Department of Education and Training (DET) or Department of Health and Health Services (DHHS) are ineligible.
Who is it for?
Future postgraduate coursework, Postgraduate coursework
Where is it available?
The MCH Nursing Scholarship Program is funded by the Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) to assist eligible nursing professionals to complete further education in MCH qualifications to build Victoria's MCH nursing workforce. The MCH Nursing Scholarships are provided to help ensure that the MCH workforce has the capacity to respond to the needs of a growing and changing Victorian population, and that the supply of MCH nurses can meet demand in the future.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, an Australian Permanent Resident or a Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder
- have accepted a place, and/or be enrolled at La Trobe University in the Graduate Diploma in Child, Family and Community Nursing in Semester 1 2020
- be currently registered as a Division 1 Registered Nurse (without restrictions) with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- be currently registered as a Midwife (without restrictions) with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
You are ineligible to apply if you have previously received an MCH Nursing Scholarship from the Department of Education and Training (DET) or Department of Health and Health Services (DHHS).
It is important that the MCH Nursing workforce reflects the composition of the Victorian community. The DHHS strongly encourages applications from eligible people of any gender identity, age, religion, ethnicity, language, socio-economic background, sexual orientation and disability.
Priorities for scholarship recipients for 2020 will include:
- Applicants from rural and remote regions
- Applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Applicants who identify as being of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander heritage
- Applicants residing in known high growth areas and/or areas with increasing demand for MCH services, and/or areas with MCH shortages
- Demonstrated financial need, such as applicants in receipt of a Government tested low income benefit or hold a Health Care Card
How to apply
Applications for this scholarship are now closed.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, email@example.com