Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Nursing Scholarships Program
up to $7500
Recipients will not be eligible to receive any other fully funded scholarship from the Commonwealth, State or Territory government body. Recipients who have previously received an MCH Nursing Scholarship from the Department of Education and Training (DET) or Department of Health and Health Services (DHHS) are ineligible.
Who is it for?
Future postgraduate coursework, Postgraduate coursework, Australian Citizen, Humanitarian Visa, New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Resident
Where is it available?
How is it paid?
The MCH Nursing scholarship provides funding of up to $7,500 for full-time students over one year and part-time students over two years . The number and value of scholarships offered will be determined based on the number of eligible applicants that have accepted either a full fee paying or commonwealth supported place (CSP). Bursaries of up to $5,000 are also available for eligible students.
The MCH nursing scholarships are designed to attract high quality nurse-midwives to increase the capacity of Victoria’s already world-class MCH nursing workforce.
The Victorian Government Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) supports this scholarship as an initiative of the Victorian Government’s Early Childhood Reform Plan.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, an Australian Permanent Resident or a Permanent Humanitarian Visa Holder
- have accepted a place as a new student, and/or be enrolled as a continuing student at La Trobe University in the Graduate Diploma in Child, Family and Community Nursing in Semester 1 2022
- be currently registered as a Division 1 Registered Nurse (without restrictions) with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
- be currently registered as a Midwife (without restrictions) with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
You are ineligible to apply if you have previously received an MCH Nursing Scholarship from the Department of Education and Training (DET) or Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS).
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:It is important that the MCH Nursing workforce reflects the composition of the Victorian community. The Department strongly encourages applications from eligible people of any gender identity, age, religion, ethnicity, language, socio-economic background, sexual orientation and disability.
- Selection for the Maternal and Child Health (MCH) Nursing Scholarships Program will be based on meeting Eligibility Criteria listed above
Bursaries of up to $5,000 will also be available to support MCH Scholarship recipients at La Trobe University who meet one or more of the following criteria:
- applicants who identify as being of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander heritage
- applicants from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds
- eligible applicants from rural and remote regions.
- applicants from communities affected by natural disaster (excluding COVID-19) in the last two years.
- applicants residing in areas projected to have high workforce demand for MCH services.
- applicants with demonstrated financial need, such as applicants in receipt of a Government tested low-income benefit or who hold a Health Care Card.
- La Trobe will provide the Department with any such information as the Department may require in order to determine if the Recipient is compliant with their obligations under the Agreement, limited to information as relevant to the scholarship such as ensuring satisfaction of Eligibility Criteria, academic progress and results (non-inclusive of personally identifiable information and contact information).
- Recipients will provide consent to being contacted by La Trobe on behalf of the Department as a scholarship recipient via their email address for a period of up to five (5) years after the Term for the purposes of providing information to the Department regarding the recipients’ experiences as a student, employment and experiences in the field of maternal and child health nursing.
- Recipients may be requested to attend joint promotional events or participate in promotional activities in keeping with the spirit of the scholarship as reasonably requested between the Department and La Trobe.
How to applyAn online application form will be added when the application is open.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, email@example.com