La Trobe University COVID-19 Financial Assistance Program
$3000 or the provision of computer and/or internet equipment, or both in exceptional circumstances
Who is it for?
1st year undergraduates, 2nd year undergraduates, 3rd year undergraduates, Honours, Postgraduate coursework, 4th year undergraduates, 5th year undergraduates, Graduate researchers
Where is it available?
Online, Shepparton, Mildura, City, Bendigo, Albury-Wodonga, Sydney, Melbourne
How is it paid?
A one-off payment paid into your nominated bank account or provision of equipment by the University
La Trobe University COVID-19 Financial Assistance Program is available to current students in exceptional circumstances struggling with the costs of living and accessing technologies required to study online. Students will be asked to complete an online application and support will be distributed to eligible students who plan to continue and complete their studies and who have been assessed as demonstrating greatest need. There is a limited number of bursaries available.
Two sources of support are available:
- Technology Bursary* – Provision of a laptop and/or $150 to support students who do not have access to computers or internet at home
- Crisis Support Bursary – One off, $3000 payment for individual students experiencing significant financial crisis and housing insecurity.
Students may apply for both bursaries.
* Due to low levels of internet access 50% of technology bursaries are reserved for students enrolled in regional campuses.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a current student enrolled in a La Trobe University award program (undergraduate, postgraduate, Research by Higher Degree and onshore international students are eligible)
- Be in financial crisis because of COVID-19
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- demonstration of financial hardship
- demonstration of equity circumstances (Indigenous student, medical or mental health condition or disability, former or current refugee, care leaver with experience in foster/residential/out of home/kinship care, LGBTIQ, located in a rural or remote area, etc)
- personal statement addressing the criteria as outlined on the application form
How to apply
This bursary is now closed to applications.
Who to contact for further information
Equity and Diversity, firstname.lastname@example.org