Information for students
OTARC is training the next generation of outstanding autism scholars.
We support research students at the following levels:
We do not accept direct applications for study. If you wish to study with OTARC, you must first apply and be accepted by La Trobe University.
We have offered placements for undergraduate students from a range of backgrounds (psychology, public health, media studies).
Sylvia Walton Honours Scholarship
A pathway for autistic students to study at La Trobe University. It provides financial support for two autistic psychology students per year who study their Honours within OTARC.
Understanding and support for autism (PSY3ASD)
This Australia-first undergraduate subject has been running every second year since 2013 and is open to all enrolled La Trobe students. The subject uses a developmental psychopathology approach to provide a broad perspective on autism. Several OTARC researchers teach into this subject, which is coordinated by Associate Professor Kristelle Hudry.
- Early autism phenotype
- Emerging signs of autism in infancy and toddlerhood
- Learning needs of children on the spectrum
- Support needs for mental health and co-occurring conditions
- Unpacking heterogeneity in autism: the spectrum and subtypes
- Ethical considerations and
- International perspectives on autism research