Borrow from other libraries (through CAVAL or ULA)
If you are a La Trobe University student or staff member and cannot find an item in the La Trobe libraries, you are able to borrow it from other academic libraries.
Items from other Victorian university and TAFE libraries (CAVAL)
You can borrow from other Victorian university and TAFE libraries as part of the CAVAL program. Please read about your responsibilities as a user of the CAVAL Reciprocal Borrowing Program.
- Obtain a CAVAL card from the host library you wish to borrow from by presenting your La Trobe University student or staff ID card.
- You can search the catalogues of the participating libraries to find material you might wish to borrow.
- Take both your CAVAL card and your La Trobe student or staff card to the service desk of the other library each time you want to borrow an item.
- Learn about the borrowing restrictions and make sure to return the items to the other library by the due date.
Items from other Australian university libraries (ULA)
When you travel interstate you can borrow items from a local university library.
- You will need to provide a photo ID as well as proof of current enrolment (students) or current employment (staff). Take these to the service desk at the library you wish to borrow from.
- Find out how to borrow and the borrowing conditions for the library you are visiting.