My account login details
What are my login details?
La Trobe University students
Your login details to access My Account and online library resources are your University username and password. You do not need to include @students.ltu.edu.au as part of your username.
La Trobe University staff
Your login details to access My Account and online library resources are your active directory username and password. You do not need to include @ltu.edu.au as part of your username.
Your login details are your student/staff/library ID and password that would have been created for you when you first joined the library. You can use these to access My Account and online resources if you are a:
- Wodonga TAFE or MDFRC client
- community member (e.g. alumni, CAVAL, ULA)
- La Trobe Melbourne staff or student.
What is your student/staff/library ID?
't' followed by student/staff number from your TAFE card.
'm' followed by the last 6 digits of your ID card barcode
LTU barcode on your CAVAL card - omit letters & spaces
LTM (La Trobe Melbourne), ULA and community borrowers:
La Trobe University ID number on the front of your library card
The first eight digits of your Alumni number
Forgotten your password?
If you forget your password or have any problems, you can telephone or ask at the Inquiry/Loans Desk to have your password reset.
Change your password
- Log into My Account with your current username and password.
- Click on Personal Settings in the menu.
- Click on Edit details (Other borrowers only...)
- Click on Update Login Credentials.
- Change your password.
- Click on the Update button.
What is My Account?
You can see your library record by logging into My Account.
My Account allows you to:
- view and renew any items you have currently borrowed
- check on the status of any item requests
- cancel item requests if you no longer require the item
- view a list of your overdue items that have fines
- view your borrowing history and messages from the library.
Save search queries and set alerts
You can save a search result and then be alerted by email whenever a new item, matching the search criteria, is added to the collection.
- Login to My Account, perform a search and click the "Save Query" link at the top of the results list. You can also select to turn on email notification alert for your query.
- Select the pin icon at the top of the page to go to My Favorites, then select "Saved Searches"
- A list of the different searches you have saved will display
- You can delete saved searches by selecting the unpin icon
Save search items
You can save individual search items to My Favorites and print, email or export the items to a program such as EndNote.
- Log in to My Account, perform a search and then click the pin icon to the right of the record
- Click on "My Favorites"
- A list of your saved search items will display
- You can then email, print or export your search items. Other options include adding labels to group your selections