Request an item
You can place a request via Library Search if the item you require is on loan, or at another La Trobe library facility:
- Click on "Get It"
- Click on "Sign in" and enter your login details:
- Click on the "Request" link:
- Select the location where you intend to collect the item and click on "Request"
- If your request is successful, you will see a highlighted message: "Request Placed"
- When you receive an email notifying you that the item has arrived, collect it from the Holdshelf within seven days (two days for three day loan holds), or notify Library staff if you are not able to collect by the allocated pickup date
If more than one person has requested a hold, you will be placed in a hold queue. The borrow time will reduce to one week.
Maximum number of requests (Holds)
Please check COVIDSafe library for information on current number of holds.
|Patron type:||Number of items:|
|Students||Up to 20 items at a time|
|Non LTU patrons||Up to 10 items|
View or cancel your borrowing requests (Holds)
When you've requested an item using the above method, you can view or cancel your request in the Holds section of My Account.