La Trobe Confucius Institute Chinese Courses
We offer a great range of Chinese courses including group classes, in-house business Chinese courses and one-on-one tutorials. We use the textbooks developed by our institute. The textbooks are based on the story of a Chinese exchange student who comes to study at La Trobe and his local host family. The dialogues discuss relatable real-life situations and use key vocabulary for beginners in Chinese. Each chapter also contains a Chinese Culture section, which provides information about everyday cultural aspects of China. These cultural practices, such as the use of WeChat, celebration of Chinese festivals and adherence to dining etiquette, would seem completely natural for a Chinese person, but are very helpful for a new learner to know.
Learn Chinese with us today
Our standard elementary and intermediate level Chinese courses are held on weekday evenings from 5.30 pm-7.30 pm. Classes are available at both Bundoora and City campuses. Textbooks and workbooks are included in the price. You will be given the Certificate of Completion at the end of the intake (80% or higher attendance rate is required). The maximum number of students for each class is 15 people.
For individuals seeking to learn Chinese in a one-to-one tutoring environment, we can customise and outline a study plan to meet your needs. We also provide customised Chinese language courses for businesses who are expanding into the Chinese market or have a requirement to build cultural awareness.
Our Business Chinese language and cultural training is designed to offer a swift and engaging approach to understanding modern
Chinese culture and language and to meet the diverse needs of individuals engaged in business.
The primary purpose of the Business Chinese training program is to equip individuals with the knowledge and confidence to navigate the complexities of modern Chinese culture, language, and business etiquette. Whether for business professionals or individuals planning travel to China, this training program aims to provide a comprehensive understanding of the cultural nuances and practical language skills necessary for successful interactions.
This training program is suitable for business professionals engaging in Chinese markets, individuals planning business trips or travel to China, organisations seeking to enhance their employee's cross-cultural communication skills and anyone who is interested in an easy and practical approach to learning Chinese for business or personal enrichment.
Alternatively, if you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The Hanyu Shuiping Kaoshi (HSK) is the official Chinese language proficiency test and offers a pathway to study in China. We offer a tailored program of learning to prepare students for the HSK and HSKK tests.
Find out more about HSK and HSK Training.
Why should you learn Chinese with us?
- You can learn Chinese with our qualified Chinese language teaching professionals in Melbourne
- We offer Elementary and Intermediate courses at both Bundoora and City (Collins Street)
- Language learning is complimented with an exploration of culture
- We have very competitive course rates
- Discount rate is available for La Trobe University staff, La Trobe University students and alumni, Student Union members and returning Confucius Institute students who wish to continue learning Chinese
- Our student satisfaction consistently rates high — average rating 3.8 out of 4 (survey results 2016)
- We offer discounts to University staff, students, and alumni, and returning Confucius Institute students who wish to continue learning Chinese
- Free on-site parking after 5pm at our Bundoora location
- We also have a large library collection providing a rich source of information and language references.
Got a question? Email us email@example.com
We will provide admin and academic support throughout the course.
For academic support, please contact your class teacher directly.