- Prerequisite: Anyone that has finished Elementary Chinese course or has an equivalent level of Chinese proficiency.
- Duration: 12 weeks
- Textbook: Great Wall Chinese 2 (Units 1-10)
These series of textbooks are designed by the Chinese National Office for Teaching Chinese as a Foreign Language (NOCFL). Great Wall Chinese will be available as a reference in classrooms only. Instructors will provide learning materials and exercises for each class and students will be provided a complimentary CD containing audio files to facilitate independent study after class.
(Speaking and Listening)
After finishing intermediate Chinese course, you will be able to:
- Ask and talk about date and the day of the week
- Ask and talk about location
- Ask and talk about colours
- Speak shopping-related Chinese
- Ask and show directions
- Order and pay in Chinese restaurants
- Make and answer phone calls
- Describe your living environment
- Get to places via public transport
- Ask for help and offer help
(Reading and writing)
After finishing intermediate Chinese course, you will:
- Have greater proficiency in the correct pronunciation, rhythms and tones
- recognize about 300 Chinese characters
- be able to write about at least 100 characters
- Learn more Chinese sentence patterns.
During our intermediate Chinese course, you will learn more about Chinese culture and history, customs and social etiquette, value systems, cultural taboos and current affairs.
- On-line software
- Audio and video resources.
- Lectures and language practice
- Role play
- No formal assessment will be conducted. You will receive consistent feedback from the instructor regarding your learning progress. You will receive an official Confucius Institute Completion Certificate at the end of each level (80% of the attendance is required for this Certificate)
- After systematically learning Great Wall Chinese Book Two, students may be able to enrol in HSK2 or HSK3 (Chinese Language Proficiency Test Band Two or Three) to test their Chinese language proficiency and have a big chance of winning a scholarship to study in China.
- Confucius Institute Online: http://www.chinesecio.com/
- HSK Model Test http://www.chinesetest.cn/godownload.do
- Scholarship application http://english.hanban.org/jxjen.htm
- Great Wall China: http://www.greatwallchinese.cn/portal.do
- Chinese Interactive Exercises: http://www.quia.com/dir/chinese/
- HSChinese http://www.hschinese.com/en/index
- Chinese learning: http://www.yes-chinese.com/
- Nciku (Online dictionary): http://www.nciku.com/
- Travel to China: http://www.travelchinaguide.com