Next generation rubrics
We are exploring new ways to partially automate a feedback generation system for essay-type assignments. By designing and implementing a classifier that predicts a marking category, lecturers and tutors will be saved from an otherwise exhaustive and time-consuming process.
Our classifier is based on:
- Collected content analysis,
- Assignment marking criteria,
- Assignment content and,
- Grammatical structure
By increasing a lecturer/tutors ability to provide in depth feedback within a timely manner, student satisfaction and grades are expected to improve for both the undergraduate and postgraduate test classes that are currently utilizing our wireframe.
- Associate Professor P Vitartas, La Trobe Business School
- Dr Sarah Midford, La Trobe University
- Dr Aleks Michalewicz , La Trobe University