Consulting (La Trobe Consulting)
For fee for service arrangements for work that is over and above the staff member’s workload allocation and/or University duties (unless otherwise agreed) with funds to be paid into outside earnings accounts. Does not include work that is part of a staff member’s substantive role – see Consulting (University Services).
- Review and develop contracts including assistance with charge-out-rates, budgets and contract scoping requirements
- Facilitate legal review by Legal Services
- Negotiate contracts with external parties
- Arrange execution by authorised signatories
- Liaise with Finance in relation to project accounts (with money to be transferred to Outside Earnings accounts
- Manage records in TRIM
- Develop and review variations (including extensions) and novations (change of party for new staff or staff departures)
Please see the process, resources and tools for LTU Consulting (internal only). To submit a La Trobe University Consultancy Contract or requirements for assistance email or telephone the Consulting & Contracts Team.
Not sure if your project is consulting? Please read the Income and Revenue definitions.