Frequently Asked Questions
2017 changes to car parking arrangements - Bendigo Campus
1. What changes is La Trobe making to parking at its Bendigo campus?
A number of initiatives have been introduced arising from the review including:
- A system has been introduced for Colleges / Central Administration / Research areas to pre-purchase 'daily' car parking vouchers for use by visitors which are valid in any General parking space.
- The pro-rata refund and purchase of annual parking permits will cease, however at July 1 each year the cost of an annual permit will be reduced for purchases in the second half of the year.
- For students studying or staff employed during Semester 1 only, original permits (with appropriate identification) must be returned to the Service Desk, Infrastructure and Operations, Building BGB, prior to 1 July to receive a 50% refund on the permit cost. After 1 July, no refunds will be available.
Please also note that due to changes to the cashiering services on campus, payment for annual parking permits can only be made by credit card (other than by salary sacrifice for eligible staff).
A 'pop-up' car parking permit payment counter will be established for a number of weeks to manage the payment and allocation of parking permits for staff and students. During other times, permits can be purchased and collected from the Service Desk, Infrastructure & Operations, Building BGB.
2.What is the new fee structure and when will the changes take place?
Fee changes are effective as of 1st March 2017. The new fee structure is as follows:
Annual permit type
Short Term permit type (ticket machines)
|Fees (2016)||Fees (2017)|
General Bays only
|Pre-purchased 'Daily' parking vouchers ('Vouchers') #|
|General Bays only||2016||2017|
#'Vouchers' can only be pre-purchased by College/ Central Administration / Research areas for business purposes and are not to be used as a substitute for a staff members personal parking use.
3. What kind of program does La Trobe have in place to encourage staff and students to use more sustainable methods of transport?
La Trobe has many options to help you get to campus more sustainable. Depending on where you live walking, cycling, carpooling or public transport might be your best option.
The Melbourne campus provides a number of on-site bicycle facilities including secure lockers and cages, hundreds of bike hoops and repair facilities. A free monthly breakfast is also offered to bicycle riders.
4. Why do College / Central Administration / Research areas need to pre-purchase daily car parking vouchers?
The review of car parking revealed opportunities where administration of car parking operations could be improved. This included the management of 'complimentary' parking for visitors / others which has traditionally been making arrangements with Infrastructure and Operations'
Just like other services offered by the University it is important that systems are put in place to ensure collection of fees, whether course fees, over-due Library book fees or other, are properly administered.
The introduction of a pre-purchase system for daily car parking permits will ensure that the true value of car parking can be monitored through a single cost centre.
5. How do College / Central Administration / Research areas pre-purchase daily car parking vouchers?
Referred to as 'vouchers', they can only be pre-purchased by College / Central Administrative / Research staff for business purposes and are not to be used as a substitute for a staff members personal parking use.
Pre-purchases can be made by staff only through ARCHIBUS.
- Click here to create an Archibus request
- Select problem type PARKING | VOUCHER
- Enter the number of books required
- Please note, vouchers can only be purchased in books of 20.
- Enter Cost centre and fund details
- Enter Campus
- Enter Priority ROUTINE
- A notification will be sent to you as soon as your request has been accepted.
- Vouchers can be collected from the Service Desk, Infrastructure & Operations, Building BGB'