Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship
Per annum for three and a half years doctoral) or 22 months (masters by research). Fee relief additional.
Who is it for?
Future graduate researchers, Future PhD candidates, Graduate researchers, Australian Citizen, New Zealand Citizen, Permanent Resident
Where is it available?
Melbourne, Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Mildura, Shepparton
How is it paid?
La Trobe University is offering a large number of Research Training Program scholarships for applicants who wish to select a topic of research. Our Research Training Program scholarships are available for doctoral or masters research across all areas of research at La Trobe.
Applications for this scholarship are now open to Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents. The application deadline is 31 October 2021. Domestic candidates already enrolled in a research degree at La Trobe University are also eligible to apply and will need to contact GRSScholarships@latrobe.edu.au to obtain the required application form.
Successful applicants must be available to commence their degree between 1 February and 30 June 2022, at a La Trobe University campus.
These scholarships are competitively awarded to applicants with research experience and selection is based on academic merit and consideration of targeted areas of research strength at the University.
Benefits of the scholarship
- a Research Training Program (RTP) stipend for up to three and a half (3.5) years for a doctoral degree or 22 months for a Masters by research degree, with a value of $28,597 per annum (2021 rate)
- a Research Training Program (RTP) Fees Offset scholarship for up to four years for a doctoral degree or two years for a Masters by research.
- RTP Allowance
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- meet the entrance requirements for the proposed course
- not be receiving another scholarship greater than 75 per cent of the stipend rate for the same purpose.
- will be enrolled full-time and undertaking their research at a La Trobe University campus
- for doctoral applicants, have completed a Masters by Research or other significant body of research, such as an honours research thesis or lead authorship of a peer-reviewed publication, assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above
- for masters applicants, have attained the equivalent of at least a high honours H1 grade degree at an Australian university or equivalent from a recognised overseas university
How to applyTo apply for this scholarship, review the scholarship eligibility requirements above and then follow the steps given on our How to apply page for your proposed course.
Who to contact for further information
Graduate Research School, firstname.lastname@example.org