Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarship
La Trobe University is offering a large number of Research Training Program scholarships for applicants who wish to select a topic of research. Our Research Training Program scholarships are available for doctoral or masters research across all areas of research at La Trobe.
Applications for this scholarship are now open to Australian or New Zealand citizens or Australian permanent residents. The application deadline is 30 April 2022. Domestic candidates already enrolled in a research degree at La Trobe University are also eligible to apply and will need to contact GRSScholarships@latrobe.edu.au to obtain the required application form.
Successful applicants must be available to commence their degree between 1 July and 30 November 2022, at a La Trobe University campus.
These scholarships are competitively awarded to applicants with research experience and selection is based on academic merit and consideration of targeted areas of research strength at the University.
Benefits of the scholarship
- a Research Training Program (RTP) stipend for up to three and a half (3.5) years for a doctoral degree or 22 months for a Masters by research degree, with a value of $28,854 per annum (2022 rate)
- a Research Training Program (RTP) Fees Offset scholarship for up to four years for a doctoral degree or two years for a Masters by research
- RTP Allowance, including an allowance for industry engagement
- opportunities to work with La Trobe’s outstanding researchers, and have access to our suite of professional development programs.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- meet the entrance requirements for the proposed course
- not be receiving another scholarship greater than 75 per cent of the stipend rate for the same purpose.
In selecting successful applicants, we prioritise applications from candidates who:
- will be enrolled full-time and undertaking their research at a La Trobe University campus
- for doctoral applicants, have completed a Masters by Research or other significant body of research, such as an honours research thesis or lead authorship of a peer-reviewed publication, assessed at a La Trobe Masters by research standard of 75 or above
- for masters applicants, have attained the equivalent of at least a high honours H1 grade degree at an Australian university or equivalent from a recognised overseas university
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship, review the scholarship eligibility requirements above and then follow the steps given on our How to apply page for your proposed course.
Who to contact for further information
Graduate Research School, Admissions.GRS@latrobe.edu.au