Academic Writing Month - LTUacwrimo
Academic Writing Month at La Trobe turns 6!
If you would like to make progress on your academic writing, with like-minded colleagues, then this month-long festival of writing is for you. Academic Writing Month (AcWriMo) has been developed for all researchers at all levels (including graduate researchers), at every campus and externally.
Since 2013, the RED team has created a month-long, multi-campus and online program to enable and encourage academic writing: with events, blog posts, workshops, and conversation on Twitter around the #LTUAcWriMo hashtag.
Academic Writing Month culminates in a three-day writing retreat, held at both the Melbourne campus and the Albury-Wodonga campus . Run since 2015, this popular program facilitates you to work on your individual writing goals in a supportive environment. Travel and accommodation assistance are available for La Trobe researchers based regionally or externally.
At the Mildura campus a number of events have been organised. For more information and to register, please contact Brigitte Glossop -
· A two-day Writing Retreat on the 12th and 13th November
· A Professional Development day (research focused) on the 15th of November at 29 Deakin
· Endnote refresher (7th November, 9-10am at 29 Deakin)
· Planning day with Katie Holmes in relation to the Campus Collective research project “The Meaning of Water”
All researchers at all levels are invited to participate.
- Subscribe here to access weekly resources and encouragement, and to set your goals.
- Join the conversation on Twitter at the #LTUAcWriMo and follow @LTUResearchers.
- Read about writing strategies and experiences from La Trobe colleagues on the RED Alert blog (published every Tuesday).
- Come along to our weekly Shut Up and Write sessions, run on all campuses and online.
- Fill in our accountability spreadsheet to motivate and keep track of your progress.
All Campus Shut Up and Write, 8 November, 9.30am-12noon, is where we come together from across Victoria, synchronously, connected by the powers of video conference.
To make this possible, we have booked the following rooms:
- Albury-Wodonga 4245
- Bendigo Arts 2.01B
- Bundoora HUED 108
- Mildura 102
- Shepparton LS4
|Every morning during November 9-12||Shut Up And Write||MIL||All||No booking required, join the session at 29 Deakin|
Thursday 1 November
Shut Up And Write - Launching AcWriMo!
No booking required, join the session in TLC114
|Friday 2 November|
10.00am - 11.00am
|Wednesday 7 November|
9.00am - 10.00am
|Mildura Endnote refresher||MIL||All|
Thursday 8 November
All Campus Shut Up And Write
See rooms listed above
|Monday 12 - Tuesday 13 November||Mildura Writing Retreat - 2 days to focus on your independent writing project, in a supportive environment.||MIL||All||Contact Brigitte Glossop to register|
Tuesday 13 November
Creative ways into academic writing workshop
|Thursday 15 November||Mildura Professional Development Day (research focused)||MIL||All|
Tuesday 20 November - Thursday 22 November
RED Writing Retreat – 3 days to focus on your independent writing project, in a supportive environment.
|Wednesday 28 November - Friday 30 November|
Albury-Wodonga Writing Retreat - 3 days to focus on your independent writing project, in a supportive environment.
|Wednesday 28 November|
2.00 - 4.00pm
AcWriMo writer's panel
Friday 30 November 10.00am - 11.00am