Scheduled Sessions with an allocated therapist

We see families where an adult, child or young person has:

  • a serious mental illness including families where a parent has a mental illness
  • a significant alcohol and/or other drug related problem
  • experienced traumatic event(s) or abuse including sexual and/or physical abuse/neglect.

To book

Please call (03) 8481 4800 to arrange a phone appointment with our clinically trained intake worker. A referral is not required.

You also have the option to see an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander worker if one is available. You can discuss this with our intake worker.

What to expect

Our intake worker will contact you at the scheduled time and ask you about your current situation to make sure we are the best service for you and your family. This conversation usually takes around 15–20 minutes.

If you prefer, another professional can refer and make the initial call on your behalf. If it seems our service is right for you, you will then be asked to call and speak to our intake worker directly.

If we are not the right agency for your family at this time, you will be provided with contact details of other services that may be able to help.

Interpreters are available on request.


8 Gardiner Street, Brunswick VIC 3056.

If you are unable to attend sessions at our office, there is an option for families to be seen via telehealth using Zoom and this can be discussed with the intake worker or your family therapist.


There is no cost to families. Our family therapy service is funded by the Victorian Department of Health.

What we can't help with

We are unable to help with the following at the Centre, although we can refer you to someone who will.

  • Under a GP Mental Health Care Plan (with accredited psychologists and social workers in private practice)
  • Through community health centres
  • Through Family Relationship Support for Carers (FRSC) – (03) 8805 2240
  • Carer Gateway Merri Health – 1800 422 737

Courts will generally refer you to consultants who will assess and write a report. You can also access private practitioners who specialise in writing court reports here: