Walk-in Together Online Sessions
Our Walk-in Together program provides one-off, walk-in family therapy sessions online via Zoom and without the waiting list. Ideal for families who want to be seen quickly and on a ‘one-at-a-time’ basis, it comprises a session with a small team of experienced family therapists responding to the needs of you and your family on the day.
More about Walk-in Together
- Runs every Monday from 12:30pm (requests for therapy taken from 12:00pm to 5:00pm)
- Provided on a first-in, first-served basis during Walk-in Together hours. We do not take prior bookings or keep a waiting list for Walk-in Together
- Approximately 75 minutes per session, online, using Zoom
- Minimal information required before the session, no therapist follow-up afterwards
- If, by the end of the session, you and your family want ongoing support, you may, as part of the session, be given information about other relevant services
- Families are welcome to ‘walk back in’ for another one-off session in the future
Who is it for
All Victorian families. At least two family members must attend together. As long as it is safe to do so, families are more likely to achieve better outcomes if all affected family members attend.
The word ‘family’ includes chosen or extended family, kinship groups, and community. We particularly welcome First Nations families, LGBTQI families, families where a member has disability or an illness, families from culturally diverse backgrounds, families where a member uses alcohol or other drugs and any family that experiences marginalisation or discrimination.
- a computer device (e.g. desktop, laptop, iPad or smartphone)
- a functioning camera and microphone on/with your device
- Zoom program – please refer to Help with Zoom for more information
Family members may share the same device for the session, provided you can all see the screen and be seen, and determine that you are safe and comfortable with sharing.
To access Walk-in Together
- Call us on a Monday between 12:00pm to 5:00pm on (03) 8481 4800.
- Your family will be allocated a place in the queue, depending on availability, and given an approximate time for your session.
- You and all attendees will be asked for details to create a registration at the time of calling. Support with Zoom will be provided where needed.
- Your family will be notified by phone approximately 15 minutes before the start of the session, and your Zoom link for the session will then be provided.