Family Therapy Foundations: Philosophy, Frameworks and Contemporary Systemic Practice
Family Therapy Foundations will introduce you to the field of family therapy, taking you from its origins in systemic thinking, through its different influences and conceptual developments, to its contemporary applications to enhance the well-being of individuals, families and communities.
This new course reimagines The Bouverie Centre’s well-known Introduction to Family Therapy in self-paced eLearning modules with the flexibility and convenience that this format offers.
At the heart of the course are two complete family therapy sessions, enacted, but based on actual scenarios. One session is used to illustrate The Bouverie Centre’s own 6Cs – our summary of what we see as the most central concepts in family therapy. The second family session is used to help guide the learner through our basic ‘map’ for conducting a session. This course also includes didactic presentations on theoretical and historical developments in family therapy, illustrated with animations and with options to find out more.
This course represents the culmination of decades of experience from the clinicians and academics at The Bouverie Centre. Throughout the course, you will be guided by their knowledge and practice experience.
Self-paced online, available 24/7
14 CPD hours
$764.50 (GST included)
- Module 1: Systemic Thinking: From Individual to Family
- Module 2: Foundational Ideas in Family Therapy
- Module 3: Conducting a Family Session: Core Conceptual and Practical Skills
- Module 4: Individual Development, Family Life Cycle and Family Therapy
- Module 5: The Influence of Families’ Own Histories: The Generational Context
- Module 6: Family Therapy or Family Therapies? Applying Different Frameworks and Lenses
- Module 7: What Do I Do If…?
- Module 8: Common Factors, Heroic Clients, and Broadening Horizons
What will you Learn?
On completion of this course, you will gain foundational knowledge of:
- The origins and evolution of key family therapy concepts and practices
- Contemporary family therapy and systemic thinking and applications to diverse practice settings and presentations
- Core conceptual and practice skills of family therapy
Professionals interested in understanding family therapy and systemic thinking, and their applications to enhance outcomes for individuals and families. This includes health care and allied health practitioners, supervisors, and managers from a diversity of disciplines and settings.