Public Lighting Project
As part of La Trobe’s ongoing commitment to provide a safe environment for all students, staff and visitors, the University has been improving lighting and pathways around the Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus as part of the campus-wide pathways and lighting strategy. This has included improvements to lighting and pathways in residential areas, car parks and central campus locations.
- Stage 1: 164 new light poles were installed in and around residential and Union precincts along Centre Way, College Drive and Moat Drive.These works were completed in December 2018.
- Stage 2 and 3: 260 new lights installed in and around the Agora, the main teaching area pathways, the Sports Field Link and along Science Drive. These works were completed in November 2019.
- Stage 4: A new pathway, with LED lighting, CCTV and duress buttons was completed in 2021 on the western side of the campus, along Car Parks 1 and 2. These works also included installing a new toilet block.
The project will:
- Improve lighting in public spaces at the Melbourne Campus for students and staff to:
- provide a safe environment
- assist with wayfinding
- identify clear corridors of light
- Provide staff, students and visitors with clear pathways that help them to safely get around the campus.
- Improve energy efficiency and maintenance costs by moving to more a sustainable lighting option (LED) - which is activated by sensors that turn off when there is sufficient light in the morning and turn on when there is insufficient light at night - and by standardising light fittings across the campus.
For more information about these works, please get in touch with the Infrastructure and Operations team on email@example.com
For information on impacts and outages related to project works, visit www.latrobe.edu.au/io/impacts-and-outages