Women’s Academic Promotions support program
The Women’s Academic Promotions support program (WAPS) was launched in 2018 in response to the University’s involvement in SAGE Athena SWAN. It seeks to address the gender imbalance in senior academic positions by encouraging academic women to apply for promotion.
The program has three components: regular workshops, group mentoring and a dedicated LMS site.
The program leaders for 2019-2020 are:
- Associate Professor Fiona Bird, Associate Head, School of Life Sciences, SHE
- Professor Bircan Erbas, Professor, Public Health, SHE
- Associate Professor Maria Liaskos, Associate Professor, Physiology, Anatomy and Microbiology, SHE
- Professor Suzanne Young, Associate Head, La Trobe Business School, ASSC
- Professor Tonya Stebbins, Deputy Head in Coursework, School of Humanities & Social Sciences, ASSC
- Dr Natasha Weir, Research Gender Equity Project Officer, Office of the DVC Research & Industry Engagement.
If you have any questions or feedback about the program, please email the WAPS program rather than individual program leaders. If you have a personal issue and feel uncomfortable using our dedicated WAPS email address, please email Dr Natasha Weir.