Academic Promotions Peer Support Program
The Academic Promotions Peer Support program (APPS) was launched in 2018 in response to the University’s involvement in SAGE Athena SWAN. It seeks to address the gender imbalance in senior academic positions by encouraging academic women and gender-diverse people to apply for promotion.
The program has three components: regular workshops, group mentoring and a dedicated LMS site.
The program leaders for 2019-2020 are:
- Associate Professor Fiona Bird, Associate Head, School of Life Sciences, SHE
- Professor Bircan Erbas, Professor, Public Health, SHE
- Associate Professor Maria Liaskos, Associate Professor, Physiology, Anatomy and Microbiology, SHE
- Professor Suzanne Young, Associate Head, La Trobe Business School, ASSC
- Professor Tonya Stebbins, Deputy Head in Coursework, School of Humanities & Social Sciences, ASSC
If you have any questions or feedback about the program, please email the APPS program rather than individual program leaders. If you have a personal issue and feel uncomfortable using our dedicated APPS email address, please email our Culture, Diversity & Inclusion Team.