The Division of Residential Services (DRS), La Trobe University, manages approximately 2,500 beds across two campuses in Bendigo and Bundoora and more recently four regional locations in Melton, Mildura, Shepparton and Wodonga.
The new Bendigo accommodation and the four regional properties have been specifically built for students on rural health placements. They are brand new properties that have just been completed in 2012. The properties have been designed to provide a comfortable stay for all. If you will be on placement in the Bendigo, Melton, Mildura, Shepparton or Wodonga regions and need accommodation, follow the instructions below to apply.
First time booking/applying with DRS
- Visit the Residential Services Applying web site.
- Once you have registered you will be asked to select an application. Please select Regional Health Placement (2013).
- Select your FIRST preference as Regional Health Placement (you will be asked for a second preference it does not matter what you select)
- In the comments section of the application please list the dates and locations you require accommodation for.
Those who have stayed previously/currently with DRS
- Students who currently reside in accommodation managed by DRS or have done so in the past will already have an account.
- Please do not re-register. Please log-in using your current StarRez username and password. If you have forgotten these details please contact the Bundoora office on (03) 9479 1071.
- In the comments section of the application, please list the dates and locations accommodation is required.
Short Term Accommodation for students on Clinical Placements
Attendance at Clinical Placements will involve travel and may involve short-term accommodation. Travel and accommodation arrangements are solely the responsibility of the student across metropolitan, rural and occasionally interstate areas. It is advised that you do not book any travelling arrangements until you receive firm confirmation from the Professional Placement Officer of your clinical placement cohort dates and agency.
The resources listed below are to be used as a guide only. Please note that this information may change without notice and it is the responsibility of the student to check the information provided (and any requirements you need to supply e.g. linen) with the agencies or accommodation providers.
Bendigo Student Association (BSA)
Short Term Accommodation:
This category is specifically designed for students looking for accommodation whilst on placement or practicum. It works for students willing to swap accommodation with students from other campuses or universities who are on placement at the same time as you are. It helps defray some of the costs of accommodation elsewhere while still needing to pay rent here. Ads in this category will be linked to accommodation sites with other student organisations.