Support for students
Support programs on offer
We provide a range of support services designed especially for residential students. You can also access the variety of services on offer from the wider university.
Assisting you to achieve academic excellence is what we do best at La Trobe. We have staff and student leaders dedicated to educational support and a strong program designed to assist you with your studies.
- Academic Mentoring Sessions
Where a second-year student assists you with your studies, guiding you through your transition into university life.
- Career Development Sessions
Where students can engage with industry employers, learn how to write resumes, cover letters and much more.
- Textbook Borrowing
Access to free textbooks at the Living at La Trobe office.
- Specialist Subject Tutors We bring in tutors to give students extra support with complex subjects.
- Academic Events
Engaging keynote speakers come to present across the year on a range of interesting topics.
- Additional Support
Students who receive a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) under 52 participate in a study skills training session to assist with boosting their marks in the coming semester.
Health and wellbeing
There are a range of different health and wellbeing events across the year along with access to staff that can support you in challenging times. To reach out to one of these staff you can come into the Living at La Trobe reception or email email@example.com. Some of the wellbeing initiatives held throughout the year include:
- One-on-one wellbeing support including internal and external referrals
- After hours wellbeing support
- 8 large scale Student Leader driven events throughout the year
- Buddy program encouraging cross cultural friendships
- Wellbeing Wednesdays
- Food pantry for students in need
- Queer on campus group
- Boardgame group
- Dunny dispatch newsletter
- Sustainability initiatives
- Online communities via Facebook for each residence
Scholarship and bursaries
To apply for scholarships and bursaries visit the La Trobe scholarship page.
Elite Athlete Housing Scholarship
As a resident, you share responsibility the responsibility of maintaining a safe and enjoyable campus community. Our Rules of Residence clarify expectations and assist us in creating a respectful environment for all residents. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have read, understood and adhere to these rules.
Want more information?
Please contact Living at La Trobe at firstname.lastname@example.org