Work Integrated Learning (WIL)
Students' Industry Placements
Work Integrated Learning provides industry with an effective recruitment pathway. With six months Work Integrated Learning La Trobe engineering graduates start their employment with skills, knowledge and practices that they have gained from putting their learning into practice.
Work Integrated Learning is the placement of final year students in companies and corporations to learn by applying their technical skills and experiencing professional engineering in the real world.
- advance the organisation by brining fresh ideas, energy and enthusiasm
- enrich workplace culture with new talent
- contribute to productivity and the company's strategic goals
Work Integrated Learning is also
- an opportunity to contribute to the education of young engineers
- a connection with the University, its talent and research, and international network
La Trobe engineering students are also available for summer internships and may undertake Projects to assist industry develop products; design, plan and implement projects, or resolve engineering problems.
La Trobe teaches Industrial Engineering with a broad base in mechanics, electronics and robotics, and Civil Engineering, and enables students to be part of the fourth industrial revolution, Industry 4.0.
Roger Palmer (WIL Administrator)