Placement Travel Bursary
The Office of the Provost is offering support to help students undertaking placement with the costs involved in travelling long distances and finding suitable accommodation.
You are eligible for this grant if you are undertaking a university sourced placement in a location 120 kms or more (one way) from your semester/term address and for the duration of 10 days or more and have not received a placement related payment this year.
The program is open to all currently enrolled undergraduate and entry-level to practice courses students and who meet the eligibility criteria below.
If eligible, you will receive funding towards your travel and accommodation costs up to a maximum amount as set out below.
A single payment will be awarded dependant on the length of your placement:
10-15 days = $600
16-20 days = $800
21+ days = $1200
*Please note, applications will not be assessed until after the closing date.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or entry-level to practice course at a La Trobe University Campus. Note: partner institution enrolled students are not eligible for this payment.
- Be enrolled in a placement subject and commencing an internship/work placement in the Summer teaching period: 30 October 2023 to 25 February 2024. PLEASE NOTE: Whilst the placement needs to have commenced on or after 30 October 2023, it does not have to be completed before 25 February 2024.
- Undertaking a placement in a location 120 kms (one way) or more from your semester/term address. Ensure that your semester/term address is current in StudentOnline. For tips on how to update your address
- Be undertaking a placement greater than 10 days duration and logged in InPlace at the time of applying. Length of placement is based on subject requirements and does not include make up days.
- Have not received any other placement related funding support from the University in the 2023 academic year.
- Supporting evidence that clearly shows the distance in kilometres (one way) from your semester/term address to the organisation. Evidence required in the form of a screenshot detailing the journey by car entered into the Google Map mobile app. Screenshot must clearly display distance in kilometres.
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- Application addressing the eligibility criteria
- Supporting documentation provided as outlined above. Note that you will not be contacted regarding missing or incomplete supporting documentation. All supporting documentation must be provided within the application and by the closing date. Supporting documentation will not be accepted separately if sent via email.
If you do not meet the eligibility criteria above and are experiencing significant financial and educational disadvantage you could be eligible for the Industry Placement Bursary.
The Industry Placement Bursary is open to domestic undergraduate students undertaking a placement of 70 hours or more in duration. Note: students can only receive one placement related payment in a calendar year.
How to apply
You must only apply in the semester during which your placement is due to occur (students cannot apply early).
Applications are currently open through the online application portal.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, email@example.com