Off field leadership and medical roles
Team managers and coaches play an integral role in the coordination of each sports team for UniSport Nationals.
To apply for a team manager or coach position, please read the position description and complete the nomination form below.
- Team Manager position description [PDF 150 KB]
- Team Manager nomination form [PDF 115 KB]
- Coach position description & nomination form [157 KB]
Please return all completed Team Manager and coach nomination forms to Emily Harbrow at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are seeking team managers with the following qualities:
- ability to work as part of a large team, take direction and work individually where required
- is committed to our values, abides by our Code of Conduct and providing students with a positive UniSport Nationals experience
- ability to work with people from different backgrounds, be approachable and can communicate effectively with students, staff and event management
- ability to solve problems and seek assistance when appropriate, demonstrate leadership and initiative, be resourceful and drive the team to a positive outcome.
Whilst is it not essential that applicants have previous experience in managing sports teams, it is desirable that applicants can demonstrate the following:
- basic knowledge of the sport, the skills required and an understanding of the rules
- is a member of the relevant sports club or has had some sports administration skills and experience.
- an opportunity to develop a range of skills in planning, coordination, problem-solving, fundraising and team management
- exposure to event management and basic risk management procedures
- an opportunity to develop effective leadership skills, working in conjunction with our staff
- additional training and professional development opportunities for sport leaders within La Trobe Sport
- recognition of contribution to our Uni Nationals team in the form of a written reference upon request.
For further information
Contact our Senior Coordinator, Representative and High-Performance Sport, Emily Harbrow at email@example.com to discuss your interest and submission.