Responsible research practice in Australian research institutions is guided by the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research 2018 (The Code) The Code outlines the principles of responsible research practice and obligations of institutions and researchers.
Research integrity advisers
Research Integrity Advisors (RIAs) are senior researchers with knowledge of best research practices University policies and management structures. They promote the responsible conduct of research and provide informal advice to staff and students about how to make a complaint regarding concerns about a research conduct issue relevant to the Australian Code for the Responsible Conduct of Research 2018 (The Code), the University Code of Conduct and associated University policies.
- offer advice about a research conduct concern and matters
- ensure discussion remains confidential and exercise discretion relating to any concerns or issues raised
- have a responsibility to report an incident when they deem it to be in the best interest of the University to do so
- explain the options open to a person considering, making or having made a formal allegation of research misconduct
RIAs do not:
- become involved in investigating or assessing the merits of any allegation of research misconduct
- advise on matters where they have a potential, perceived or actual conflict of interest
- make contact with the person who is the subject of an allegation
- conduct investigation or assessment of the allegation, including contacting the person who is the subject of that complaint or being involved in any subsequent investigation other than as witness or to provide testimony
List of RIAs
|Dr Dan Bendrups||Graduate Research School||D.Bendrups@latrobe.edu.au|
|Prof Nick Bisley||College of Arts, Social Sciences and Commerce||N.Bisley@latrobe.edu.au|
|Prof Sue Martin||College of Arts, Social Sciences and Commerce||S.Martin@latrobe.edu.au|
|Prof. Mark Hullet||College of Science, Health and Engineering||M.Hulett@latrobe.edu.au|
|Prof Sheila Crewther||College of Science, Health and Engineering||S.email@example.com|
|Prof Teresa Lacono||College of Science, Health and Engineering||T.Iacono@latrobe.edu.au|
Information and training
Content will be updated soon.
Feedback and complaints
If you wish to provide general feedback or make a complaint on any aspect of research Integrity at La Trobe University, you can:
Contact the Senior Manager, Ethics, Integrity and Biosafety via phone +61 3 9479 1443 or send an email to H.Gaulke@latrobe.edu.au.