La Trobe’s Researcher Intensives are tailored to the university’s Early Career Researcher (ECR) and Mid Career Researcher (MCR) cohorts.
The ECR and MCR intensives consist of full-day modules twice a year in June/July and November/December.
The intensives are ideal for those who are aiming for their next academic levels of research capacity and achievement.
Each set of intensives focus on a different aspect of researcher capacity-building, strategy, and leadership. The priority for the program is to provide education, development, and career-building opportunities that are sustainable, productive, and reflective of La Trobe University’s values. Gaining development in these areas will enable researchers to add significantly to the research culture of their surrounding institutional contexts.
The intensives are convened and managed by the RED team, and involve the La Trobe’s senior research executive, specialist university units, invited guest speakers, and ECRs and MCRs themselves.
Through participating, La Trobe researchers will benefit from intellectual, professional, and applied outcomes that extend well beyond the program itself.
How do I participate?
The Researcher Intensives require the completion of an application form, and a follow-up attendance form, should your application be successful. Please note that securing a place is a competitive process as numbers for the intensives are capped.
- The intensives are open to all La Trobe University academic staff.
- For the purposes of this program, an Early Career Researcher is ideally a La Trobe University academic staff who has been awarded their doctorate within the last 5 years, but any academic staff member who feels they would benefit from the intensive is encouraged to apply.
- For the purposes of this program, a Mid Career Researcher is ideally a member of La Trobe University academic staff who is 5-15 years after the award of their doctorate, but any academic staff member who feels they would benefit from the intensive is encouraged to apply.
Intensive days typically run from 9:30am – 4pm.
Save the date - applications open in early May 2019!
- ECR intensive: 25-26 June 2019
- MCR intensive: 26-27 June 2019
To receive updates on the intensives and other activities relevant to your cohort, email email@example.com and nominate whether you would like to be added to the ECR or MCR mailing lists.