La Trobe’s Researcher Intensives are tailored to the university’s Early Career Researcher (ECR) and Mid Career Researcher (MCR) cohorts.
The ECR and MCR intensives consist of full-day modules twice a year in June/July and November/December. The ECR intensive is a two-day event. The MCR intensive is a single full day.
The intensives are ideal for those who are aiming for their next academic levels of research capacity and achievement.
Each set of intensives focus on a different aspect of researcher capacity-building, strategy, and leadership. The priority for the program is to provide education, development, and career-building opportunities that are sustainable, productive, and reflective of La Trobe University’s values. Gaining development in these areas will enable researchers to add significantly to the research culture of their surrounding institutional contexts.
The intensives are convened and managed by the RED team, and involve the La Trobe’s senior research executive, specialist university units, invited guest speakers, and ECRs and MCRs themselves.
Through participating, La Trobe researchers will benefit from intellectual, professional, and applied outcomes that extend well beyond the program itself.
How do I participate?
The Researcher Intensives require the completion of an application form, and a follow-up attendance form, should your application be successful. Please note that securing a place is a competitive process as numbers for the intensives are capped.
- The intensives are open to all La Trobe University academic staff.
- For the purposes for the intensives, Early Career Researchers are ideally La Trobe academic staff who are within 5 years of the award of their doctorates.
- For the purposes for the intensives, Mid Career Researchers are ideally La Trobe academic staff who are between 5-15 years from the award of their doctorates.
For 2018, the researcher intensives are planned for the dates below. Intensive days typically run from 9:30am – 4pm.
The focus for the June researcher intensives is ‘grants and funding’.
- JUNE ECR intensive: 26-27 June 2018 (applications will open in late May)
- JUNE MCR intensive: 28 June 2018 (applications will open in late May)
The focus for the December researcher intensives is TBC.
- DECEMBER ECR intensive: 4-5 December 2018 (applications will open in early November)
- DECEMBER MCR intensive: 6 December 2018 (applications will open in early November)
To receive updates on the intensives and other activities relevant to your cohort, email firstname.lastname@example.org and nominate whether you would like to be added to the ECR or MCR mailing lists.