Social Research Platform
Aligned with La Trobe's goal of research excellence, the Social Research Platform enables and accelerates research by providing researchers with relevant resources to facilitate the effective completion of research outputs and enhance their impact on the wider community.
The platform supports researchers by:
providing and organising specialised research support
We provide and organise specialised research support for non-intellectual research activities to enable and accelerate effective completion of research outcomes for individual researchers and teams who are close to completing their research projects, such as finalising scholarly book, chapter or journal publications, non-traditional research outputs, or ensuring that the research has a broader engagement and impact in the community.
The services are available to all researchers and postgraduate research students (limited support) in all areas of the University:
Research support services offered by the platform include, but are not limited to:
- discipline-specific archival research, data collection and data processing,
- archiving of materials,
- specialised transcription of disciplinary documents,
- translation of essential documents, articles and interview or media material,
- specialised set-up of media for data collection,
- specialised literature searches,
- support with finalising scholarly book, chapter or journal publications including indexing, editing and proof reading (eg. journal publication has been accepted and at re-submission stage), and
- non-traditional research outputs i.e. for the Creative arts - film, audio, theatre projects, etc.
Successful applicants will have access to:
- a coordinator who will identify and arrange appropriate research support in a timely manner,
- specialised research support services.
assisting researchers to source the right research support, if they have their own funding
We have a large database of research support staff with a broad range of skills. We can help match you with the right person who can support your research.
providing information on how to access relevant software and survey tools
We can link you with various software and survey tools to support your research. The Digital Research website is also a great source of information for research that utilises computing and information technology.
If you have a program to evaluate, we can help to connect you to researchers or research teams from across the University to evaluate and review the progress, outcomes and impact of your program.
For further information about the SRA Platform, please contact:
T: 03 9479 1935