Project planning and best practices
La Trobe's Digital Research Analyst is available to discuss your technology and data management needs and to connect you with appropriate services internal and external to the university.
Dr. Sam Ryan is La Trobe’s resident Digital Research Analyst. He can assist you and your team through the application of advanced digital solutions in the following ways:
- Acting as a conduit between Research and Information Services for strategic information technology project proposals.
- Facilitating access to and use of computing services, including local, state and national high performance computing capabilities.
- Recommending tools to enhance workflow and improve research productivity.
- Analysing researcher needs with a view to developing new tools/software where existing solutions are not adequate.
- Sharing best practice information from other universities, disciplines and research groups.
- Developing estimates for the information technology components of grant applications.
- Including in‐kind contributions based on La Trobe or Intersect services, such as high performance computing support and consultation/advice.
Request advice (La Trobe login required)