With our wide range of affiliated sport clubs, competitions and facilities, La Trobe University offers a variety of ways to take a break from the books and get involved in sport and active recreation.
Get in touch with La Trobe Sport to find out how you can engage with our fun sport events and programs all year round and meet new people along the way.
1. Check out our world class Sports Park
The first of its kind in Australia, the La Trobe Sports Park offers a unique environment to play, teach and research sport.
The best part? Students can access and use our state-of-the-art facilities!
Our new Sports Stadium is the latest addition to the Sports Park precinct, unlocking a range of opportunities in teaching, research and getting active in sports. Be sure to drop in to casually shoot some hoops, or hire one of our six brand-new courts to play sports like:
- indoor soccer (futsal)
Check out our virtual tour of the Sports Park.
2. Get active at the Indoor Sports Centre
The Sports Centre offers a range of facilities, programs and membership options to the La Trobe community (this includes students, staff, alumni, on-campus tenants and Springthorpe residents) and the general public.
LTU Student Union members receive a further 5% discount on Sports Centre prices.
Our fully-equipped gymnasium caters for all types of people and levels of fitness!
- A large selection of cardiovascular equipment
- Extensive range of free weights, including dumbbells, kettlebells, barbells, slam balls, medicine balls, power bags, battle ropes, Olympic weightlifting platforms
- Pin loaded machine weights
- Lots of available floor space
- Highly qualified personal trainers
Our friendly, qualified staff are ready to assist you in reaching your health and fitness goals!
SWIMMING POOL (Bundoora)
- 25m heated indoor pool
- Five lanes
- Deep water pit
- Tarzan rope
- Outdoor grassed area
- Water Safety and ‘Learn 2 Swim’ Programs (both Adult and Kids) available
SPECIALTY STUDIOS (BUNDOORA)
- Group Fitness – Sports Centre Studio
- Functional Training - Strong Zone
- Mind & Body Studio - Zen Den
- Reformer Pilates - Core Cave
Regional Health & Fitness facilities
- Bendigo Campus - Fully-equipped gym, exercise studios for group fitness training, exercise science facilities, basketball court and athletics track
- Albury-Wodonga Campus - soccer pitch
3. Join one of our sports clubs
La Trobe University has 26 affiliated sporting clubs (including an affiliated soccer club operating from the Bendigo Campus). All clubs are run by students, with support from La Trobe Sport, and provide something for everyone; from a great social atmosphere and competitions, to participation at an elite level.
You can find all of La Trobe’s affiliated clubs here.
4. Enter a team in our La Trobe League social sport competitions
Take your place as the reigning champs of the La Trobe League.
La Trobe League is a great way to have fun and stay active during your time at our University. Not only is La Trobe League an easy and affordable way to stay active, but it’s also a fun way to socialise with your friends or meet some new ones.
Competitions are hosted at our brand new La Trobe Sports Stadium and run all year long. There are no limits to who can join, and we encourage all our students, staff, and community members (public) to come along.
We will organise the fixtures, umpires, and ladders; all you need to do is sign up individually or get a team together.
Make sure you also join our La Trobe League Facebook group to keep up-to-date with the latest news, ladders, fixtures and competition updates.
5. Connect with our industry sport partners
La Trobe University has sports partnerships with the Carlton Football Club, Melbourne City FC and the Melbourne Rebels. Partnering with these organisations provides students, staff and researchers meaningful educational, research, social and community outcomes through sport.
Core to all of our partnerships is the ability to provide employability outcomes for our students through exclusive internships, game day experiences and industry mentorships.
It also means heaps of tickets to selected matches throughout the year and activations from our partners on campus.
Find out more about our sport industry partnerships.
6. Represent Team La Trobe
Representing Team La Trobe in intervarsity events, such as the UniSport Nationals, is a fantastic way to demonstrate your skills and experience elite sports competitions against other universities across Australia.
If community events are more your thing, you can still get fit, have fun and represent Team La Trobe in events like the Olivia Newton-John Wellness Walk and Research Run and the Melbourne Marathon.
Find out more about representing Team La Trobe.
How to get involved
Find out more about our wide range of health, fitness and sport programs during Orientation Week!
We will be hosting three online sessions via the ON24 platform on Thursday 25 February from 12:00pm-1:30pm. Details and links to each session are as follows:
- La Trobe Sport - Introduction to Sport at La Trobe
- La Trobe Sport - Experience Sport at La Trobe (Health & Fitness, La Trobe League, Representative Sport and Facilities)
- Sport Clubs 101 (1:00pm-1:30pm)
We are also planning to host a free La Trobe Sport Open House session at the La Trobe Sports Stadium on Friday 26 February from 11:30am-2:30pm. This will provide new students with an opportunity to check out the awesome new facilities and have a shoot around on our courts. More details can be found here.