Indoor Sports Centre
The La Trobe Indoor Sports Centre is based at La Trobe University’s Bundoora campus. We provide a wide range of both indoor and outdoor facilities for all of your health and fitness needs. Our sports facilities are available to students, staff, and members of the public.
There is no better time than now to take control of your life and be physically active in a fun and safe environment!
Our fully equipped gym caters for all types of people and levels of fitness, we have:
- A large selection of cardiovascular equipment
- Extensive range of free weights, including dumbbells, kettlebells, barbells, slam balls, medicine balls, power bags, battle ropes, Olympic weightlifting platforms
- Pin loaded machine weights
- Lots of available floor space
Our friendly, qualified staff are ready to help you achieve your health and fitness goals!
- Fitness assessments are incorporated into all Gold and Gym memberships, they include:
- A one-on-one pre-exercise screening assessment, where our instructors will help you develop a personalised health plan that is in line with your goals and what you want to achieve
- A body composition analysis, where our instructors will take your height, weight, girth measurements and skinfolds (optional)
- Strength testing - depending on your goals, this will allow you to reflect on your achievements six to eight weeks post-assessment
- Sub-maximal and maximal aerobic fitness testing - depending on your goals, this is an excellent way to see your baseline measurements and keep track of your improvements
- Personalised programming is included in all Gold and Gym memberships, this includes:
- A tailored program specifically designed to help reach your goals from information collected in your Fitness Assessment
- An additional session where our instructors take you through your program to ensure it is aligned with your health and fitness goals, you're performing all exercises correctly and safely, and confirm you enjoy it
*The Fitness Assessment and Program Start will take approximately one hour in duration (two separate sessions)
** You can book in for our Fitness Assessments and Program Starts as often as you like!
The Sports Centre offers a number of membership options and opening all facilities and services to students, the LTU community (this includes Staff, Alumni, On-campus tenants and Springthorpe residents) and the general public.The Sports Centre offers a number of membership options and opening all facilities and services to students, the LTU community (this includes Staff, Alumni, On-campus tenants and Springthorpe residents) and the general public.