Learning and teaching leadership
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) portfolio includes divisions that support learning and teaching across La Trobe. The portfolio ensures an outstanding student experience and employability outcomes for our graduates.
Our key plans and strategies are outlined below:
- Learning and Teaching Plan 2018 – 2022 [PDF 1.6MB]
- Student Success and Retention Plan 2018 – 2022 [PDF 2.2MB]
- La Trobe University's Indigenous Strategy 2022 - 2030 [PDF 3.51MB]
- Library Plan 2018 – 2022 [PDF 1.7MB]
The Academic Portfolio includes the following teams:
- Education Services [staff only]
- Executive Education
- Health, Wellbeing and Inclusion
- Indigenous Strategy and Education
- La Trobe Library
- Quality and Standards [staff only]
- Student Administration
- Student Conduct and Investigations
- Student Experience
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic)
Professor Jessica Vanderlelie is the Deputy Vice-Chancellor Academic at La Trobe University. She leads the development and implementation of sustainable and integrated strategies to deliver an outstanding student experience, transform equity outcomes and ensure excellence in learning and teaching.
Professor Vanderlelie joined La Trobe as the inaugural Pro Vice-Chancellor Student Success and held the role of Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students). She has demonstrated sustained leadership in learning and teaching in Australian Higher Education. She is co-chair of Universities Australia Women and a passionate advocate for improving institutional and sector wide support for diversity and inclusion.
Professor Vanderlelie is an Australian Learning and Teaching Fellow and has been recognised nationally through receipt of an Australian Award for University Teaching and AFR Award.