Public Lighting Project
The Public Lighting Upgrade project at Melbourne campus will improve lighting in public spaces around the campus grounds to make it safer for students, staff and visitors.
La Trobe University is committed to providing a safe environment for all students, staff and visitors by improving lighting in public spaces around the Melbourne Campus, including residential areas, carparks and central campus locations.
The Public Lighting Project will also help to improve sustainability by using energy efficient LED lighting activated by sensors that turn off when there is sufficient light in the morning and turn on when there is insufficient light at night.
The project is being delivered in three stages:
- Stage 1: 164 new light poles were installed in and around residential and Union precincts along Centre Way, College Drive and Moat Drive.These works were completed in December 2018.
- Stage 2 and 3: More than 550 new energy efficient lights and 87 new light poles were installed in and around the Agora, the main teaching area pathways, the Sports Field Link and along Science Drive. These works were completed in November 2019.
The project will:
- Improve lighting in public spaces at the Melbourne Campus for students and staff to:
- provide a safe environment
- assist with wayfinding
- identify clear corridors of light
- Improve energy efficiency and maintenance costs by moving to more a sustainable lighting option (LED) and by standardising light fittings across the campus
|Client||La Trobe University|
|Project Manager||La Trobe University|
|Building Services||Martin Butcher Lighting Design|
|Building Surveyor||Hendry Group|
|Main Contractor||Built Pty Ltd|
|Electrical Sub Contractor||APEC electrical & communication services|
For more information on the Public Lighting Project, contact the Project Manager, Georgia Hartin on email@example.com
For information on impacts and outages at La Trobe University, visit www.latrobe.edu.au/io/impacts-and-outages