The Precinct offers our co-located partners priority access to globally renowned researchers, world-class facilities and infrastructure, collaboration across the value chain, and competitively priced space with a future workforce on your doorstep.
The location is surrounded by native flora, abundant birdlife and a wildlife sanctuary – yet situated only 30 min from the airport and CBD. Enjoy the vibrancy and facilities that a university campus provides. You and your team will be able to access impressive amenities including the medical centre, childcare, cafes and restaurants, licensed bars, venue hire, banks, post office, libraries, telecommunication providers, supermarket, convenience and retail stores, gym, sporting ovals, pools and basketball courts.
We are investing in and building a connected ecosystem of industry, academia and community that will become the innovation and entrepreneurial hub of Melbourne’s north, driving economic growth and achieving global impact across the Health & Wellbeing; Agriculture, Food & Environment; and Digital Transformation domains.
We invite you join us at the Research and Innovation Precinct to create this extraordinary ‘University City of the Future’.
Top of the world for impact
La Trobe University has demonstrated its global impact in the latest Times Higher Education Impact Rankings, placing fourth in the world, third in Australia and first in Victoria for overall contribution to the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and ranking first in the world for gender equality and second for its contribution to health and well-being.
The University’s fourth place in the world was owing to consistently strong performance across the 11 SDG categories for which the University was assessed.
- La Trobe placed 13th for Decent Work and Economic Growth, a category which included assessment of the proportion of students taking work placements, as well as research on economic growth and employment.
- La Trobe placed 17th for Reduced Inequalities, recognising the University’s commitment to educate students from developing countries; the number of students and staff with disabilities; measures against discrimination, and the number of first-generation students studying at the University.
- La Trobe placed 17th for Partnership for the Goals, a category assessing commitment to the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals, including SDG research; publication of SDG reports; education of the SDGs, and relationships supporting the goals. The La Trobe Business School is a UN "Champion", demonstrating leadership in educating for the SDGs and working in partnership with the UN and international business schools to champion the SDGs in their teaching, research and external engagement.
- La Trobe was also ranked 17th for Life on Land, which assessed the University’s research, education and actions to support land ecosystems.
La Trobe Precinct Fast Facts
- Located at one of the highest-ranking universities in the world (top 1.3%)
- co-location with leading research groups, start-ups, government agencies and multinational companies
- 14 km from Melbourne CBD and halfway between city centre and outer north Melbourne
- La Trobe University is an integral part of the La Trobe National Employment and Innovation Cluster (NEIC)
- domestic and international airport and quarantine services nearby
- 6 km to Metropolitan Ring Road (M80) and 9 km to Eastern Freeway (M3)
- central location for greater Melbourne in one of the largest green spaces in Melbourne’s north
- La Trobe University is the largest single provider of employment and education in Melbourne’s north
- easy access to planned North East Link and highways
- situated 30 min (18 km) from Melbourne’s Tullamarine airport
- dynamic environment with 33,000 students
La Trobe University Fast Facts
- La Trobe’s Agricultural Sciences is ranked in the world's top 150
- Victoria’s 3rd oldest university with a pioneering and disruptive 50+ year history
- Highly engaged with industry and community to address global challenges
- Campuses in Melbourne (Bundoora and City), Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Mildura, Shepparton, Sydney
- 33,000+ students enrolled in 341+ undergraduate courses with 7,500 international students from 97 countries
- We are a 6-star Green Star Community and are committed to becoming carbon neutral in the next decade
- Ranked in the top 400 universities in the world by ARWU, Times Higher Education and QS Rankings. Top 1.3% of universities worldwide (QS World University Rankings 2019).