Maritime Security and Hedging in the South China Sea
The launch of the newest issue of Blue Security
- Tuesday 26 September 2023 11:00 am until Tuesday 26 September 2023 12:00 pm (Add to calendar)
- La Trobe Asia
- Presented by:
- Hunter Marston, Bich Tran Elina Noor, Richard Javad Heydarian
- Type of Event:
- Seminar/Workshop/Training; Public
Join La Trobe Asia, consortium lead for the Blue Security program and 9DASHLINE to launch the third paper in the Maritime Affairs Series.
‘Fair Winds and Following Seas: Maritime Security & Hedging in the South China Sea’ is written by Hunter Marston, Bich Tran, Elina Noor and Richard Javad Heydarian. The paper explores the maritime security strategies of Malaysia, the Philippines, and Vietnam.
Blue Security is a collaboration between La Trobe Asia, Griffith Asia Institute (GAI), University of New South Wales Canberra (ADFA), University of Western Australia’s Defence and Security Institute (DSI) and the Asia-Pacific Development, Diplomacy and Defence Dialogue (AP4D).
- Hunter Marston (Adjunct Research Fellow at La Trobe Asia, PhD candidate, Australian National University, and Associate with 9DashLine
- Bich Tran (Postdoctoral Fellow Lee Kuan Yew at the School of Public Policy, National University of Singapore)
- Elina Noor (Senior Fellow, Asia Program, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace)
- Richard Javad Heydarian (Senior Lecturer, University of the Philippines)
This event is in collaboration with 9DASHLINE, a digital platform designed to host expert analysis focused on the key issues and dynamics shaping the Indo-Pacific.
Other events by type
- Furphy Memorial Lecture
21 Sept 2023 6:00 pm
- Exploring the cultural phenomenon of the dick pic
22 Sept 2023 6:30 pm
- Maritime Security and Hedging in the South China Sea
26 Sept 2023 11:00 am
- Anthropocene Reading Group - Infrastructure and Non-human Life: A Wider Ontology
3 Oct 2023 1:00 pm
- Ideas & Society Program: Disability and Australian Society: How Well Are We Doing?
5 Oct 2023 5:00 pm