Code Orange: Evacuation
Code orange is when evacuation is required. Always follow evacuation procedures.
- Assess the risk and act accordingly. Do not put yourself in danger
- In the event of a gas leak, or chemical spillage do not handle. Only those trained personnel (Emergency Services) should have access to remediating the issue (Refer Code Yellow)
- Notify Campus Security on (03) 9479 2222
- If an evacuation is required push the nearest Break Glass Alarm to activate the evacuation tone. The system will automatically notify the Emergency Services and Campus Security.
- If safe to do so, immediately assist/evacuate all affected personnel to the designated areas identified by the Wardens or Emergency Services personnel
- Restrict entrance to danger zone and shut doors if possible
- Walk quickly and calmly closing doors and windows behind you if safe to do so
- Do not use lifts
- Check all rooms, especially change rooms, toilets, meeting rooms and storage areas
- Report to the Chief/Building Warden when your floor has been evacuated
- Do not return to the building until the Building Warden/Security/Emergency Services has declared that it is safe to do so
- Find alternative assembly area to be used if weather conditions create further hazards