Evacuation procedures for people with a disability
- The person designated to provide support for a disabled colleague will assist their colleague to evacuate the building, or to move to a safe area to await assistance from members of the emergency response group or emergency services personnel.
- A person designated to provide support for the disabled colleague should remain with that person until the all clear is given or they are relieved of those duties.
- The building warden will assign a floor warden, or request an emergency response warden, to check that assistance is being provided to the person with disabilities, or assist with evacuation of the disabled person if this practical and appropriate.
- The building warden will advise the chief warden of any need for assistance.
- The chief warden will ensure that the emergency control point, emergency operations centre and emergency response personnel are aware of the situation and location of the disabled person.
- The chief warden will also ensure that emergency services personnel are notified as soon as possible if their assistance is required.
Personal emergency evacuation plan [PDF 127KB]