US Financial Aid loans
United States students only
La Trobe University is certified by the US Department of Education to administer the William D. Ford Direct Loan Program (US Financial Aid). US Financial Aid is administered by the Financial Aid team at La Trobe International on the Melbourne campus, who assists students obtain financial aid loans from the US Department of Education.
US Financial Aid is available to US citizens or US eligible non-citizens who:
- Are enrolled at least half-time
- Are not enrolled in any online courses or units in your course,
- Are making Satisfactory Academic Progress,
- Are not completing research based in the United States (Master's and PhD students)
- Are not in default on a grant or loan
- Are not enrolled in a Nursing program, Graduate Diploma, Certificate or Postgraduate Diploma programs.
- Student must complete their course within 1.5 times of the actual course duration as advised on their letter of offer.
Please note: financial aid eligibility criteria includes, but is not limited to the above conditions.
You must notify the US Financial Aid office at La Trobe University as well as your loan servicer (as relevant) about any changes made to the following:
- Name / current address / phone numbers
- Your Social Security Number
- Withdrawal/ discontinuation from university or course intermition
- Change of course
- Your course enrolment
- Drop below at least half-time enrolment
- Your anticipated graduation date
- Your US driver's license number
- Your references
- Your permanent address
- Your expected employer
- Changes to your personal circumstances which can impact on your studies at La Trobe University.
- Your Australian visa status, residency status and welfare entitlements
- Application for remission of debt
- Application for scholarships or grants.
For more information please contact:
Financial Aid Administrator
La Trobe International
Level 3, Sylvia Walton Building
La Trobe University
Melbourne VIC 3086
T: +61 3 9479 3313
F: +61 3 9479 3660