Sharon Gan Chiew Lian Nursing Bursary
Status: Opening Date: 24/03/2017 Closing Date: 24/04/2017
Sharon Gan (Yong) Chiew Lian is an Australian Registered Nurse born in Malaysia. She was inspired to travel to England to study Nursing and Midwifery after receiving a scholarship from "The Lee Foundation of Singapore". Sharon then completed her Master of Nursing Studies with La Trobe University in 1993. Sharon went on to become a long standing academic staff member holding various roles including Head, Centre of Undergraduate Studies for each of La Trobe's five campuses.
During her career in Nursing which spanned 40 years, she valued cultural responsiveness and was committed to 'making a difference' by promoting full and equal participation of all staff and students.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, you must be:
- enrolled full-time in the second year of your Bachelor Nursing in 2017
- enrolled at the Melbourne Campus
- undertaking your first undergraduate degree in the Bachelor of Nursing
- you are able to demonstrate educational disadvantage, including but not limited to financial hardship, significant caring responsibilities, non-English speaking background, disability or medical condition
Current second year undergraduates
- Science Health and Engineering
How are successful applicants selected?
- Evidence of having significant caring responsibilities
- Disability or ongoing medical condition
- Educational disadvantage
- Financial disadvantage
- Non-English speaking background
- Other hardship or disadvantage
How can I apply
To apply for this bursary, please complete the application form and return by the closing date.
Who to contact for further information