PhD, English (La Trobe University)
Membership of professional associations
Australasian Association of Writing Programs (Executive Committee Member), Writers Victoria, Australian Poetry, Contemporary Women\\\'s Writing Association.
Area of study
Dr Quinn Eades is a researcher, writer, and award-winning poet whose work lies at the nexus of feminist and queer theories of the body, autobiography, and philosophy. Eades is published nationally and internationally, and is the author of all the beginnings: a queer autobiography of the body, published by Tantanoola. Eades is a Lecturer in Interdisciplinary Foundation Studies at La Trobe, as well as the founding editor of Australia's only interdisciplinary, peer reviewed, gender, sexuality and diversity studies journal, Writing from Below. He is currently working on a psychogeographical history of a body of water near his home in Melbourne.
- Fictocritical writing, autobiography, memoir, philosophy, gender and sexuality studies, queer and feminist theory, writing the body, writing place, poetry.
HUS1FAS: Rethinking our Humanity, HUS1TEN: Ideas That Shook the World
· Eades, Q. (2015). all the beginnings: a queer autobiography of the body, Tantanoola, North Melbourne.
· Quinn, K. (2015). Forthcoming. Parenting through a PhD: just Shut up and Write, in Postgraduate Study in Australasia: surviving and succeeding, eds Christopher McMaster and Caterina Murphy.
Peer reviewed Journal articles
· Quinn, K. (2014). Six days in Paris: tableaux vivants. Bukker Tillibul (Vol 8)
· Quinn, K. (2012). Out-law genres and literatures of resistance: the queer and fictocritical body in creative practice. LiNQ, 39( December 12), 36-41. Print.
· Quinn, K. (2012). The Body that read the laugh: Cixous, Kristeva, and mothers writing mothers. M/C Journal, 15 (4).
· Quinn, K. (2011). Blood and guts in written on the body. Bukker Tillibul, 5, 1-6.
· Quinn, K. (2013). Pain is instructive. In A. Herman (Ed.), The body electric. USA: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform. Print.
· Quinn, K. (2012). The body that moves the hand that writes. TEXT Journal, 16 (2).
· Quinn, K. (2015). Forthcoming. Rolling soap. Ebook in press with Stein & Wilde Publishing, Australia.
· Quinn, K. (2012). Water and oil. Polari( 5), 1-13.
· Quinn, K. (2011). Dose. Polari (Transverse), 1-10.
· Quinn, K. (2014). Lupa and Lamb, A review, in fragments. Journal of the Association for the Study of Australian Literature. Volume 14, No 5.
· Quinn, K. (2015) In the Alfama, and On the Metro, in Axon: Creative Explorations (Vol 5, No 1)
· Quinn, K. (2014) Salt remembers. Feral Feminisms (Issue 2, Summer) Peer-reviewed poem.
· Quinn, K. (2014) Coming and Going, in Grieve, 2014. Newcastle: Hunter Writers Centre.
· Quinn, K. (2014) Ash and Breath, in A Slow Combusting Hymn: poetry from and about Newcastle and the Hunter Region. ASM and Cerebrus Press, Macao & Buladelah. Print
· Quinn, K. (2014). Rallying, in Cordite (46.0: No theme)
· Quinn, K. (2013). Always going home (a domestic cycle) Now you shall know: Newcastle poetry prize anthology 2013. Newcastle: Hunter Writers Centre.
· Quinn, K. (2011). The second cup. In S. Stanford (Ed.), An attitude of cups. Melbourne: Melbourne Poets Union.
Refereed Conference Proceedings
· Quinn, K., Abblitt, S., Baker, D. J., Brien, D. L., Hecq, D. (2014) Editing and Publishing the Gap: Attempting to catch what otherwise might fall through in Minding The Gap: Writing Across Thresholds And Fault Lines Papers – The Refereed Proceedings Of The 19Th Conference Of The Australasian Association Of Writing Programs, 2014, Wellington NZ ISBN 978-0-9807573-8-5. Online.