Sustainability-focused volunteer opportunities are available for La Trobe University students.
These opportunities are facilitated by the Infrastructure and Operations team, along with our University Partners.
We are volunteers to commit to a regular monthly or fortnightly timeslot. Sustainability Leaders Program volunteers are required to commit two hours a week in leadership, education and behaviour change activities. This frequency allows you to gain exposure to skills and techniques relevant to your chosen area.
Our volunteer crew work closely with our land management team to improve and maintain the habitat around the Moat and in the Nangak Tamboree Eco-Corridor on our Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus. Tasks may include:
- Revegetation work
- GIS mapping of weeds
- Biodiversity monitoring
- Planting and invasive species control.
This opportunity is only available to students on the Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus.
Our volunteers help to promote sustainability practices to other La Trobe students and the wider community. As a volunteer, you could be:
- educating people about waste and reusables
- promoting sustainable transport options
- supporting the Sustainability and Campus Planning team in other sustainability initiatives at La Trobe University.
You will also meet regularly with La Trobe University staff to learn about:
- Establishing and executing our Net Zero plan for all campuses
- Biodiversity Management
- Working in sustainability
- Waste management
- and other related topics.
There will be opportunities to collaborate with the LTU Climate Network.
This is an opportunity available to students on all Campuses.
This volunteer opportunity can form as a practical experience component of your Career Ready Advantage Award.
How to express your interest
- Complete our Volunteer Expression of Interest form
- We will contact you to arrange a time to discuss your availability and the volunteer positions on offer
- Once you have been accepted as a volunteer, we will set you up in our induction system Rapid Global.
Are you interested, but:
- can’t make a weekly commitment at this time?
- you a staff member interested in Volunteering (not a student)?
- you at a campus without a Sustainability Volunteering Program in Place?
We would like to hear from you. Send us an email about yourself, what you can offer and how you might like to be involved to email@example.com. We’ will give you some information about other opportunities to engage in Sustainability at La Trobe, and add you to our mailing list. This will identify other events and opportunities to participate in sustainability.