How to apply - Online undergraduate courses

Our online courses are designed to be flexible. Learn in your own time and space, and interact with your lecturers and research supervisors via online platforms.

Online study can support you if you're:

  • fitting in study around family, work, or other commitments
  • based in a regional or remote location.

Who is this information for?

Keep reading if you’re:

  • a domestic student applying for an online course
  • an offshore student applying to study an online course outside Australia.

Ensure your application is submitted in time

Some courses start earlier than the standard semester, term or study period date. Applications for these courses close one week before the course commences.

Check application closing dates

Applying for an online course

Food and nutrition courses

Food and nutrition courses

Apply through our partner Open Universities Australia’s website, if you’re applying for:

  • Bachelor of Food and Nutrition
  • Undergraduate Certificate in Food and Nutrition

Apply through Open Universities Australia

Early learning courses

Early learning courses

If you’re applying for Bachelor of Early Childhood Education, apply through your relevant TAFE partner site.

  • Bendigo TAFE
  • Chisholm
  • Kangan
  • Goulburn Ovens TAFE (GOTAFE)
  • Sunraysia Institute of TAFE (SuniTAFE)
  • Wodonga Institute of TAFE.

View TAFE partners

I’m living overseas and want to study online outside Australia

I’m living overseas and want to study online outside Australia

You can apply for our online courses the same way as a domestic applicant and study in the comfort of your home.

Apply direct to La Trobe

If you’re applying for only one undergraduate course at La Trobe, you can apply direct to La Trobe.

If you are applying for more than one course or an undergraduate course at more than one institution, you must apply via the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC).

Do you have questions about the application process?