Apply to transfer from Honours to Masters by research
Are you in your final semester of your Honours degree?
As current arts and science Honours students at La Trobe, you have an opportunity to expand and develop your current research by transferring into the Master of Arts or Master of Science degrees and apply for a dedicated stipend valued at A$27,916 to support your research.
- you will build on the foundations that you’ve already developed during your Honours year and explore your project in further depth
- you will have access to a dedicated pool of competitive scholarships available only to Masters Pathways applicants
- as a graduate research candidate, you will benefit from the full suite of research development opportunities offered by the University’s Research Education and Development (RED) team
- you may transfer directly into the second year of a Masters by Research degree and can submit a completed thesis at this standard at any time, or, if you're an international student, apply for entry directly into the second year
- you may be in a position to graduate with a globally recognised Masters degree in almost one year
- with a Masters by research degree you will have a competitive edge if you decide later to apply for a doctoral degree
- if you transfer to a Masters degree and choose not to complete it, you can change your mind at any time and graduate from your current Honours degree.
Applications are now open!
Please note that if you are currently enrolled in an Honours program in Psychology, transferring to the Masters by Research will mean that you will no longer be on a pathway to provisional registration with the Psychology Board of Australia as you will not graduate with an Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accredited Level 2 program (e.g. 4th or Honours year of psychology study).
Applications are now open and close on Saturday 30 September 2023 – CLICK HERE TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- You will be commencing in the second year of the Master of Arts or Master of Science and will be provided with progress milestones.
- These will be a Pre-Submission review (6 months from commencement) and an Expected Work Submission Date (8 months from commencement).
- Your Expected Work Submission Date can be postponed up to your Maximum Candidature Date (12 months from commencement).
The transfer process is outlined below:
Monday 4 September 2023
Saturday 30 September 2023
Conditional candidature offers are sent
Sunday 26 November 2023
Wednesday 29 November 2023
The official release of results
Students notified if conditions of the offer have been met and scholarship offers sent to successful recipients
Monday 12 February 2024
Transfer students commence in the Masters
Early March 2024
Withdrawn from Bachelor (Honours)
If you need further information, please make sure to check the following resources: