The John Richards Yarrawonga and District Undergraduate Scholarship
Who is it for?
Where is it available?
How is it paid?
John now wishes to fund regional scholarships for commencing undergraduates at La Trobe University Albury-Wodonga campus.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be intending to commence in Semester 1 2020 in an undergraduate Bachelor degree at the Albury-Wodonga campus;
- Be aged 30 years or younger;
- Be intending to study full-time;
- Be an Australian citizen, holder of Australian permanent resident Visa or permanent humanitarian Visa;
- Have a home address which is within an approximate radius of 25 kilometers of Yarrawonga (see application form for listing of the districts/townships falling within this radius);
- Not be in receipt of any other scholarship
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- application addressing selecting criteria
- personal statement describing how the scholarship will benefit your studies, the reasons for your chosen degree at La Trobe, details of your career aspirations and any details of previous community volunteering or involvement
- preference will be given to students who have intentions to remain within their local community
- The recipient will be required to maintain enrolment in their chosen degree for the duration of the scholarship and achieve the minimum required pass grades.
- The recipient will be required to provide and present an annual progress report to John Richards incorporating a summary of their study including results, community and/or campus leadership activities.
How to apply
An application form will be made available once applications open.
Please read the information for applicants, including tips on how to apply, scholarship eligibility criteria definitions and supporting documentation requirements before completing your application.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, firstname.lastname@example.org