The George and Lisl Singer Scholarship
Who is it for?
Where is it available?
How is it paid?
$3750 Per Semester
Gary Singer and Geoffrey Smith wish to fund an undergraduate scholarship named after Mr Singer's parents, George and Lisl Singer, who emigrated to Australia. Professor Singer was appointed to the Foundation Chair of Psychological Science and served as Director of the influential Brian-Behaviour Institute which he established in the School.
During his distinguished career at La Trobe, Professor Singer received many honours. He was elected as a fellow of both the Australian Academy of Social Sciences and the American Association for the Advancement of Science. He received the Australian Cross (1st Class) for his contributions to science and was appointed as an Honorary Director of the Beijing Behaviour Research Institute.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- not have been born in Australia
- be an Australian citizen; permanent resident or holder of a humanitarian visa, who was not born in Australia;
- be enrolled in full-time study in an undergraduate Bachelor degree in Psychology or Social Work* in Semester 1 2019
- be enrolled at the Bundoora campus of La Trobe University;
- be experiencing financial disadvantage
- be aged 21 or over at the time of application
*Eligible course list:
- Bachelor of Human Services and Master of Social Work
- Bachelor of Laws/Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours)
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- Application addressing the eligibility criteria, including a personal statement detailing career goals and ambitions and a statement of financial situation (up to 500 words)
- Evidence of financial disadvantage
- Endorsement of the applicant by the donors
How to apply
To apply for this scholarship, please complete the application form by the closing date. To access the application form, please click on the link below:
Please read the information for applicants, including tips on how to apply, scholarship eligibility criteria definitions and supporting documentation requirements before completing your application.
Who to contact for further information
Scholarships Office, email@example.com