Bushfire Relief Accommodation Scholarship
This scholarship will cover the costs of on-Campus accommodation.
Who is it for?
Future undergraduates, 1st year undergraduates, 2nd year undergraduates, 3rd year undergraduates, Honours, Future postgraduate coursework, Postgraduate coursework, 4th year undergraduates, 5th year undergraduates
Where is it available?
Melbourne, Albury-Wodonga, Bendigo, Shepparton
How is it paid?
The cost of accommodation for the academic year of 2020 will be fully funded up to $12,000.
The recent bushfire emergency has been devastating for many Australians and our thoughts are with all communities that are being impacted. If you are a La Trobe student affected by the 2019-2020 bushfires, you may be eligible for emergency support from La Trobe. La Trobe has established a residential scholarship open to affected students that will cover the costs of on-campus accommodation for one full year.
La Trobe will place the recipient at accommodation located within the Accommodation Services precinct at your closest Campus location.
For more information regarding on-campus accommodation options, please click here.
Are you eligible to apply?
To be eligible to apply for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa
- Be a commencing or current student that is intending to apply, has applied, or is returning to live on a La Trobe University residence at the Bundoora, Bendigo, Shepparton or Albury-Wodonga Campuses in 2020
- Have lost your primary residence or experienced displacement for an extended period of time as a result of the Summer 2019-2020 bushfires in Victoria or NSW.
Please note: Both full time and part time students are encouraged to apply.
Recipients of the scholarship shall be selected by the University based on their:
- Application submitted via the scholarship application form
- Residence in any of the on-Campus accommodation options at La Trobe University in Semester 1 2020
Further documentation may be requested.
Recipient obligationsThe successful recipient is required to maintain enrolment.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form. Students submitting an application will be contacted within 5 business days.
Additional support for students affected by the bushfire emergency:
We have additional support available for students who have been impacted by the fires. Please read our Bushfire Emergency Support FAQ for detailed information including dedicated phone assistance, counselling services, academic support and financial assistance.
Who to contact for further information
Accommodation Services, email@example.com